Game of Thrones Half-Day Split Tour
The tour visits 3 different filming locations in and around Split, Croatia. First, you’ll take a walking tour of the 1700-year-old Diocletian’s Palace in the heart of Split’s old town. You’ll wander the streets that became Meereen, the palace basements and Daenarys’ throne room.
Next, you’ll take an air conditioned transfer to the mountain village of Klis, about 20 minutes outside Split. In this tiny village lies Klis Fortress, which stands tall on the end of a rocky cliff offering the absolute best view of Split, the Adriatic Sea and neighboring islands. Your guide will take you on a walking tour of the fortress, during which he’ll tell you about the Game of Thrones scenes that were filmed here as well as some of the local Croatian history.
Finally, you’ll visit a 600-year-old stone water mill on the Žrnovnica River that still mills flour to this day. This water mill and the Žrnovnica River that runs along side of it were the setting of several scenes from Game of Thrones as well.
Here, you’ll enjoy a traditional Croatian barbecue feast (usually veal peka or fish) with homemade bread from the mill and local wine. We can accommodate most diet restrictions, which you can provide during the booking process.
The tour is 5 hours long. Your guide can drop you off at your accommodation within Split after the tour.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 12 years|
What is included
- 2 tours in 1 – Learn about both Game of Thrones and the history of Split
- Local expert guide
- Semi-private tour experience (Max 2-7 people per tour)
- Walking tour of Diocletian’s Palace (including admission)
- Walking tour of Klis Fortress (including admission)
- Visit to the water mill filming location
- Traditional Croatian peka barbecue lunch or dinner with local wine, water and homemade bread at the water mill (most diet restrictions accommodated, by request)
- Round trip air conditioned transfers
- Endless photo opportunities
- For ages 12+ only (Private tour required for young children)
- Click to view detailed tour description
It is best to bring sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes and a hat.